The typical cost of replacing the AC in a Jeep is around $500 and $550. While the cost of labor is expected to be around $150 and $200, the cost of components is $350. This spectrum is determined by the quantity and maturity of the Jeeps now on the street in the United States.
Major air-conditioning system repairs are reported to cost between $1,150 and $3,850 by drivers, with an estimated price of $1,750. Adding AC to a car that does not already have it may cost anywhere from $1,700 to $3,900 or even more, depending on where you live and the year, brand, and model of the car. Also, luxury automobiles can cost much more in the case of installing air conditioners.
Installing AC on a Jeep Wrangler
Adding air conditioning to a Jeep Wrangler is indeed a straightforward task that can be completed at home by anybody who has access to a few basic pieces of equipment and AC replacement components. The price of conditioning a Jeep Wrangler with air conditioners is determined by a range of variables, such as the car’s make or model, the capacity of the AC system, and the difficulty of the adjustments.
The typical price to add air conditioners in a Jeep Wrangler is around $600 and $800, depending on the specific model. Labor expenditures are expected to range around $90 and $120, whereas components are expected to range around $500 and $635 in cost.
Do Jeep Wranglers Come Equipped with a Rear Ventilation System?
Wrap armrests are optional on the shadow cabinet, and back air conditioners have become common on all Wranglers, as well. The AC may be connected through an additional set of rear USB connections in the vehicle.
The current version of the Jeep Wrangler is available with a set of different engines: a 3.6L Turbodiesel V6 or a six-speed manual gearbox. If you like, you may choose a six-speed automatic gearbox. Both the V6 and regular transmission variants have a towing capability of approximately 3,500 lbs., which is noteworthy. With its 3.6L Turbo diesel engine, which is a new spin on the ancient “turbojet” architecture, the Jeep Wrangler is a very efficient vehicle.
Despite the fact that the passenger seat of a Jeep Wrangler provides plenty of legroom, it is sometimes devoid of creature conveniences such as a rear ventilation system. The fact is, however, that it’s now common on all models. It is simple to keep the hands on the steering wheel while using the back cooling systems, and the Adapters make it simple to install and set up the AC without having to access the seatmate or around the driver.
Procedures to Add AC to a Jeep Wrangler: Step by Step
New systems built for use with R-134a AC, like the Retro Air unit pictured above, are the simplest method to cool a jeep wrangler today. However, it is very uncommon for drivers to move genuine refrigerant AC systems from one jeep to another, although this frequently doesn’t really work out very well. Retro Air conditioners, on the other hand, sell aftermarket systems that are made to suit a broad variety of vehicles and really operate. In addition, they’re a cinch to put on.
- A variety of fillers are included in the package, which may be used for both the brackets and the compressor’s installation to the frame. It is helpful to align the compressors, traction control, and crankshaft belts by placing a straight razor in the belt slots of the AC.
- Disconnect the hood lock mechanism and push the radiator into position, securing it to the furnace supports panels with the hooks on either side of the radiator. After receiving very hot pressurized gas from the compressors, the reservoir cools the refrigerant vapor, causing it to evaporate back to a liquid.
- Keep in mind that all of these items reduce cooler air circulation and raise the temperature of the system. The air conditioning system must be in proper working order.
- An air ventilation system that has the incorrect chain strength may have issues. An idler/tensioner pulleys are included in the package, and it attaches to the front plates of the compressor’s frame in the manner seen in the illustration. A hex shape is used so that a wrench may be used to adjust the pressure on the chain to the proper level.
- In addition to improving accessibility to the back of the dashboard, eliminating it enables the new heating tap that was included in the package to be installed out of the road behind it. The faucet is the point at which the old refrigerant pipes will connect with the fresh ones that will go to the heat exchanger. The tube from the compressor is connected to the faucet (upper pipe), whereas the other is merely tied together at the joint (Below pipe).
- For optimum efficiency, Retro Air suggests that the flooring and firewall be insulated using Dynamist or a comparable material, which drivers want to do as soon as they can to finish their construction. The Retro Ventilation package seen here will run you around $5000, not including setup.
- When relative to the price of the vehicle, this is a minor fee to pay for the ability to drive in luxury all year long. Drivers have reported that the AC system stays in perfect working order.
What Exactly Is Jeep Wrangler Air Conditioning Bypass?
It is important to understand that the Air Con Bypass basically indicates that the blowing off steam and electrical connections, harness, and elements of the Air-Con can be easily attached to the body; however, because the car does not have air-con components, the system is considered “bypassed.”
Is Air Conditioning Standard on All Jeeps?
It wasn’t until 1980 that Jeep Wrangler vehicles received a basic air conditioning system, with the first Wrangler YJ becoming the first Wrangler to provide the choice of air conditioning as a choice.
Why Isn’t My Jeep’s Air Conditioning Generating Cooler Air?
Corrosion and turbine problems seem to be the most prevalent reasons for a malfunctioning air conditioning system. If your air conditioner is generating chilly air and not frigid, the issue might be a blocked filter, a malfunctioning conditioning fan, faulty radiators, or it could merely be that the AC needs to be recharged.
Is It Possible to Retrofit an Old Car with Air Conditioning?
When original air conditioners had been an option available on the specific model, the task of installing it in a vintage automobile is made much simpler. These jeeps may be equipped with aftermarket parts as well as genuine components from the manufacturers.
How Frequently Should Your Car’s Air Conditioning Be Charged up?
You should add and change the coolant in the system. While it’s possible to be preventative and get it performed before issues arise, you must not have to do it more frequently about once every couple of years at the absolute most. If you notice that the air conditioner is reducing its effectiveness even after filling the tank, you most likely have a leakage.
You can easily install air conditioning in a Jeep Wrangler at home if you have a few simple tools and AC replacement parts. The cost of air conditioning a Jeep Wrangler depends on the car’s make and model, the AC system’s capacity, and the complexity of the changes.